If you detect signs of rodent infestation within your house, your first priority should be to get rid of those gnawy pests as soon as possible. There are plenty of steps that you can take to eliminate them and prevent their comeback. Whether rats and mice are living behind the walls of your rooms or gaining entry from outside, here’s what you can do to keep them at bay:
- Make sure that you seal all small holes or cracks around the house to prevent the rodents from seeking entry or moving from one region in your house to another. Have wire mesh installed over the larger holes, and use crushed aluminium foil for blocking the small areas. The pests would not be able to chew through the metal.
- Rodents are generally attracted to food items such as fruits, bread, meat and sweet things. As such, store away these things in tightly sealed plastic or glass containers. If you notice any crumbs lying around, sweep them up as soon as possible.
- Maintain cleanliness in the outdoor area of your home. Unkempt backyard and tall grasses can provide shelter to invading rats and mice. Therefore, clean your garden on a regular basis and trim the grasses & shrubs short.
- If you're looking for humane ways to exercise control, your best bet would be glue boards. Once any rat or mouse gets caught in them, you can easily remove the creature and release it far away from your home into the wild.
- You can also make use of live traps, which are designed to entice rodents for entering in some structure from where they cannot elude. However, you'll need to check these traps once or twice every day and release any rat or mouse that might have got caught.
In case the infestation existing in your household is too large, you will need to get in touch with our qualified and skilled pest exterminators. Having a decade of experience in the industry, Bayswater Pest Control can deal with rat and mouse problems quickly and effectively. We are able to locate issues that you might overlook. We also use advanced equipment and implement high-grade control measures to get rid of rodents completely.